Saturday, July 30, 2011

I'm here finally!!

Wow, I can't believe what a busy bee my sister has been this summer on the web! What a beautiful blog she has created. Thank you Jackie! Here I am finally back from my summer adventure! My name is Danielle, and I'm am very much looking forward to exploring teacher blogs, and sharing my first blogging experience with you. There's nothing like teachers sharing ideas with other teachers!
While my sister has been busy on the web this summer, I on the on the hand, have been busy traveling along the east coast for the past 3 weeks, Virginia, New York,and the Florida panhandle! I really can appreciate the phrase "I needed a vacation from my vacation", because when I got back I slept in all week! I was go go go for three weeks, I guess my body was telling me to rest.
Another tidbit from my travels worth mentioning is that I didn't buy anything for my classroom. Unbelievable right?? Well actually the truth is I only bought one thing, a book called Have You Filled a Bucket Today? by Carol McCloud...Illustrated by David Messing I plan on using this book to introduce Bucket Filling as a behavioral system next year. I've only researched a little on the topic, but what I have found has been wonderful. I hope that Bucket Filling will enhance my classroom's environment and allow my students to feel loved and welcomed by everyone. Like the book says, "children must be loved, but must also be taught how to love others".
Well I'm off to find more about being a bucket filler! Feel free to add anything you know about bucket filling and how it has worked in your classroom.
-Danielle

3 comments:

  1. If you haven't looked already a GREAT place to look is pinterest...just type in bucket fillers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog.... it is darling... I just became and a new follower...getting you closer to 150 and another blog button giveaway ;)
    Lory
    Lory's Page

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE your comments!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips