Monday, October 29, 2012

Election 2012 unit!

I am so excited to announce that I have finally completed my first Common Core Unit of study!! While perusing the exemplar text list, I noticed a book called "So You Want to Be President?" On the way home from school, I convinced my sister to drive past Barnes and Noble to purchase said book! (It wasn't hard to convince her, since she was the one with the idea to start selling products on Teacher Pay Teacher) A few weeks later, for your teaching pleasure, I present my 2012 Election Unit based on "So You Want to Be President?". This unit contains Common Core questioning based on the book, as well as hand picked vocabulary to go along with the book and the election. I also added a fact vs. fiction lesson, persuasive writing, and a research project on election issues. To top it off, I included directions on how to have a mock election in your class. This 3rd grade unit covers 17 Common Core standards in informational text and writing. It can be easily adapted to fit your 2nd, 4th, or 5th grade classes in all states. I hope you enjoy! Happy voting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE your comments!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips