1. Read the Daily 5 (I WISH I would have have had this my first 9 years of teaching!)
2. Be firm and consistent with your discipline. You're their teacher, not their friend.
3. Set your rules, expectations, and your procedures on day 1 and practice them until they become a habit (the Sisters call it muscle memory).
4. Ask the veteran teachers for help. We won't bite!
5. Take lots of pictures so you can remember everything.
6. Have fun... it's very overwhelming, but try to enjoy yourself!
I hope this is helpful to you newbies!!