Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year and Math Workstation Freebie!

Happy New Year!
As much as I wanted to lay around and be lazy during my winter break, I just couldn't! My first week off was spent shopping (last minute of course!) and cleaning the house to get ready for Christmas.
The major teacher geek (ultimate professional) in me asked Santa for 2 books, The Book Whisperer and Debbie Diller's Math Workstations. Santa was SO wonderful and brought both of them to me! Hopefully he didn't have to search through too many stores to find them. I know they're hard to come by.
Anyway, I just couldn't wait to read them both! I started (both of them) once my family left and little one went to bed. I alternated books as I finished reading each chapter. You could say I was "voraciously" reading!
In order to get my mind wrapped around the math workstations, I did lots of brainstorming and pinning lots of great ideas. In my head I know what I need to do when we start back in order to have a smooth transition into the stations. It'll be a little tricky starting them up in the middle of the year, but I figure it's better late than never!
The last math skill that my students were working on before break was adding two digit numbers with or without regrouping. I wanted to adapt the game "trade or no trade" to fit my class and previous teaching. Help yourself to my version of the game. Please let me know what you think. It's nothing fancy (I haven't invested in way cute clip art), but it'll get the job done. I plan on making the same game with subtraction, and hundreds for my high achievers.
May you have a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!!
-Jackie-
Addition Regroup or Don't Regroup

2 comments:

  1. Well! I have read your post which is very short and no convey your message to the students. If you share some examples then it's helpful for the students and teachers as well. I like to share a useful math website where you can learn math free of cost. Math Addition Worksheets

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa Jenifer! If you're trying to gain readers and followers for your "website", your insulting and grammatically poor tactics are not working. Good luck with that.
    -Jackie-

    ReplyDelete

We LOVE your comments!! =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips